We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join our small, collaborative and creative team. This is a fantastic role for a highly motivated candidate who is passionate about books and enjoys working across different formats.
The role would deliver creative and engaging marketing content and advertising across our front and backlist titles, from established authors to debuts. We’re happy to consider candidates at Senior Executive or Manager level, depending on experience and an understanding of commercial fiction and eBook markets. We are particularly interested in candidates underrepresented in traditional publishing.
Key aspects of the role
- Developing and delivering digital marketing and advertising campaigns and analysing results (Amazon, Facebook, Twitter)
- Managing marketing budgets, schedules, and priorities
- Creating engaging content for the website, newsletters and social media, while adapting style and tactics to best suit the target audience
- Producing monthly sales reports
- Working with authors on campaigns and publicity
- Working with the Marketing and Publicity Executive on content creation and promotions across genres and lists
- Managing monthly Bookbub submissions
- Developing Lume’s list of bookstagramers, book bloggers and blog tour organisers
- Writing and distributing press releases and AIs to review bodies, press agencies and trade magazines
- Working closely with the Head of Publishing on the overarching marketing strategy
Desired skills, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate will have previous experience marketing commercial fiction or working in a publishing environment and will be resourceful, passionate and a self-starter. Digital marketing experience is required.
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter and Amazon Advertising
- Creative vision and a good eye for design
- Excellent copy-writing skills
- Experience using KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing)
- Good time management
- Friendly, upbeat and eager to collaborate
- Knowledge of/experience with design software (In-Design/Photoshop) is highly desirable but not required
The role is a permanent, full-time position. The team works one day per week from an office in Southwark. The rest of the week is remote working.
£30,000 – £35,000 DOE
Full-time positions include 28 days of paid holiday.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line MARKETING MANAGER APPLICATION. As part of your cover letter, please detail how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.